Dating sites suck. They all seem to be full of scammers and potentially complete scams altogether. So, I am putting my profile here.
Anywhere in the lower 48 of the USA as I currently live a nomadic life. I have spent most of my life living in houses. My family of origin moved often. I found it traumatizing. I had hoped that I wouldn't do the same but found it impossible to maintain one residence with life changes like job changes and family needs. I decided that, for now, it's easier to have a vehicle I can sleep in and have the freedom to go wherever I want when I want. I find owning a house to be like being a slave to it. I'll consider settling down again at some point.
If you don't support genital autonomy (protection from child molestation, rape or mutilation) for all, please move on. This should make you feel very safe as consent is super important to me.
I'm not vegan. I'm not down with drugs. I don't like smoking. I'm good with careful use of alcohol.
I've been divorced twice now. First relationship was a decade long and the second lasted 21 years. I maintain friendships with both of them. We came to conclusions that we wanted different things and there was no way to compromise. It's OK. I know you might think that it's weird but I see it differently. I try to maintain good relationships even when we can't come to terms or disagree on things. I don't know if I would have any friends if they had to match me perfectly. That would be very boring.
I will not be getting married again. I think that money, government and legalistic religions just ruin relationships. I have been called a follower of the way (Jesus' way), so I support people's faiths (and atheism).
I'm comfortable in naturist groups (nudity). I'm very open minded about sexuality.
I can't have any more children (I got the snip). I like children and wouldn't have a problem with a partner having them. I have two grown children with my second wife.
I’m financially independent and fully capable of taking care of myself. I’m not looking to mooch off anyone, and I’m not looking for someone to mooch off me. I believe two adults in a relationship should each be able to pay their own way as much as possible.
My brain is retired (from work and a lot of the noise of society), my body is still working. This means I have a lot of time to think about a partner and do the work to help you feel wanted, appreciated and loved. That includes being a good listener; something that I have spent a lot of time working on.
I used to be into skiing, bowling, off-roading and would have been into race car driving if I would have been able to afford it. My body can't handle those things anymore.
I've considered being a masseuse as I love giving others pleasure through touch, but I've always been super considerate of my primary relationship that I don't think that I could have. Maybe I should consider it now.
Most of my career life involved the implementation and support of computer technology. I loved sharing my knowledge of it as I was way ahead of the curve at a very young age. My body started having troubles sitting all day and I started having emotional challenges (burn out) working for massive for-profit corporations.
My other career life was as a landlord/property manager. I primarily hated it. With the last years of it I was working with people who had low income. The very last four years involved subsidized housing. While I liked being in a position where I was able to help people gain housing, I hated dealing with HUD, the property management company and some of the tenants. Near the end I was spending as much time at a desk dealing with ugly paperwork as I used to when I worked in I.T. (computers); and not getting paid nearly as well. I miss several of the tenants who I had good conversations with.
I consider myself a very compassionate person who attempts to understand my fellow earthlings. This includes working with people who need housing subsidy. While there are some who are clearly abusing government subsidy, most were simply dealt a bad hand in life; physically and/or mentally. It's a disgrace that we have so many unhoused people in our country.
If interested, find me on Facebook, X, or LinkedIn and message me. If you type my last name in correctly, I am not difficult to find.
No comments:
Post a Comment